Stephan Klaschka is an awarded Healthcare Executive, Innovation Consultant, interim CEO, Public Speaker and Serial Entrepreneur with over 25 years of international work and managerial experience in the healthcare, pharmaceuticals and other industries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. In addition to founding his own businesses, he has worked as a consultant to academia, governments, corporations and start-ups internationally.
Stephan is an associative thinker with strong business acumen and hands-on start-up experience. He applies disruptive and digital innovation strategically for exponential returns, transforms organizations as creative catalyst and integrator for business growth and “next practices.”
- Meet Stephan in person at an upcoming event or seminar!
Hod did others like it? – Read the testimonials on Stephan and his events!
Stephan founded Stephan Klaschka Consulting to focus on intrapreneuring as well as healthcare innovation with a vast background in Healthcare Innovation, New Business Model Development, Alliance Management and Emerging Technologies.
Stephan is a renowned expert and public speaker on ‘Innovation in Large Organizations’ with topics and seminars ranging from strategic and open innovation, leveraging diversity, corporate entrepreneuring, intrapreneuring, social entrepreneuring and business model development to bridging generational differences and
managing a high-performing virtual workforce.
- Read my recent Eyeforpharma interviews: The Art of Innovation: How to Become a “Partner of Choice” and “Taking the entrepreneurial approach” by Nick de Cent for Sales and Marketing
- Watch the thought leadership video Calls Moving to Consults (<24 min.) in the 10 Inevitable Changes in Pharma 2015 series hosted by Richie Etwaru, Cegedim’s stellar Chief Digital Officer. (get more information)
As a cooperative partner of Life Science Quest, Stephan engages in high quality services which help businesses to promote innovative technology, unlock global market potential, and empowers their overall growth.
In his recent senior business operations role, Stephan served as start-up CEO (“Geschäftsführer”) interim at the DITG German Institute for Telemedicine and Health Promotion (“Deutsches Institut für Telemedizin und Gesundheitsförderung”). He was hired by shareholders to stabilize the organization, ready it for rapid growth (scale-up) and prepare for exit to Venture Capital.
DITG specialized in telemedical care provision for chronic diseases in prevention. It develops and operates evidence-based health programs for health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and other players in corporate health management by efficiently aggregating telemedical services with the objective to sustainably help people suffering from chronic diseases to preserve and improve their health, while simultaneously lowering the cost to the health care system.
- DITG won the 2016 Health Media Award and the 2015 Senetics Innovation Award in the “Most Innovative Idea in the Healthcare Sector” category. Its “initiative.diabetes” program made the shortlist for the 2016 “Preis für Gesundheitsnetzewerker” award.
- This short video (in German, <2 min.) gives a general idea of the DITG business and success in treating Diabetes melitus Type 2 using the “TeLiPro” approach as featured in the MSD Gesundheitspreis award nominations 2014 and 2015.
In his previous corporate position as Director, Global Innovation Management and Strategy, with Boehringer Ingelheim, a privately held bio-pharmaceutical and FORTUNE Global 500 company, Stephan focused on integrating disruptive innovation to create and seize exponential business growth opportunities in the transforming ‘Pharma 3.0’ landscape across all businesses of Boehringer Ingelheim worldwide.
This included intrapreneuring, building incubator/accelerator programs, seed-funding intraprises, gamification, open innovation, creating cross-disciplinary networks, alliances and partnerships, scouting emerging technologies as well as developing new business models ‘beyond the pill’ and next practices for accelerated innovations.
- Read the Ivey Business School‘s insightful Teaching Case Study on Intrapreneuring titled “Boehringer Ingelheim: Leading Innovation” in which the case writers Professor J. Robert Mitchell, Ph.D., and Ramasastry Chandrasekhar follow the footsteps of Stephan’s approach to innovate from within.
- 2015 Winner of the annual eyeforpharma Philadelphia Awards for “Boehringer Ingelheim – School for Intrapreneurs“
Stephan is partner and co-founder of iQuit! Productions, an independent film production and financing company creating film and television projects that cross cultural and race boundaries bringing our world closer together through the moving picture.
- Winner of a 35th Annual TELLY AWARD 2014 honoring the finest film and video productions with our widely recognized -yet unofficial- trailer “STAR WARS: The Apprentice” (with Wompus Prints)
Stephan holds Masters Degrees in Computer Science and in Management, an Executive MBA as well as advanced degrees in strategy, innovation, and leadership from renowned schools in Europe and the Unites States. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), blogger on OrgChanger.com and CURE, fund-raiser for humanitarian causes and an active advisor and mentor to various startups, industry and non-for-profit institutions.
- BS, MS Computer Science, Berlin Institute of Technology (TU Berlin), Germany
- MS Management, Colorado Technical University, USA
- Executive MBA, Colorado Technical University, USA
- ACE Leadership, Strategy and Innovation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Strategic Innovation, International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Switzerland
- PMP (Project Management Professional), Project Management Institute (PMI), USA
2015 Winner of the annual eyeforpharma Philadelphia Awards for “Boehringer Ingelheim – School for Intrapreneurs”
2014 Commendation at the annual 2014 Corporate Entrepreneurship Awards for “Boehringer Ingelheim – School for Intrapreneurs”
2014 35th Annual TELLY AWARD 2014 for our widely recognized (yet unofficial) trailer “STAR WARS: The Apprentice”; iQuit! Productions in association with Wompus Prints; directed by Todd Sandler
2013 REACH Excellence in Action Award – Boehringer Ingelheim
2011 Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) winning team – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management
2011 President’s Award for “Workplace of the Future” – Boehringer Ingelheim
2011 Diversity Champion Award – Boehringer Ingelheim
2010 REACH Excellence in Action Award – Boehringer Ingelheim
2009 Champions Award – Boehringer Ingelheim
2008 Team Spirit Award – Boehringer Ingelheim
Academy for Corporate Entrepreneurship, Germany – Affiliated Mentor
BluePrint Health, NYC accelerator, USA – Mentor, Investor
Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, USA – Case Challenge juror
Center for Healthcare Innovation (CHI), USA
CHI Healthcare and Life Science Innovation Lab (HLSIL), USA – Advisory Board, founding member
Center for Talent Innovation (CTI), USA – NxGen case study
CUREconnect.org, USA – guest blogger
Diversity Best Practices, USA – Above and Beyond (ABA) Awards Juror
Everyday Pharma, USA – Advisor
FlexPaths, USA – Think-tank participant
Fraunhofer Venture, Germany – Mentor, “Joseph” Expert
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG), USA – Council Member
HULT International Business School, USA – Case Challenge sponsor
The Institute for Innovation in Large Organizations (ILO), USA – participant
Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario, Canada – Teaching case study
Kilimanjaro Orphanage Centre (KOC), Tanzania – fund raising until 2015
LinkedIn Group BRG ERG Leaders – Founder
National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA), USA – speaker
National Affinity and Leadership Congress (NALC), USA – speaker, NxGen case study
New York City Chapter, Drug Information Association (DIA), USA
OrgChanger (www.OrgChanger.com) – blog
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, Project Management Institute (PMI)
The Leadership Network, UK – Leader, Expert, Trainer
Virtual Distance Institute (VDI), USA – Advisory board member