Interim CEO at DITG
The German Institute for Telemedicine and Health Promotion (DITG GmbH, “Deutsches Institut für Telemedizin und Gesundheitsförderung”) in Düsseldorf, Germany.
DITG develops and operates evidence-based, telemedical interventions for chronic diseases while reducing health care cost.
Goals: Hired by shareholders as CEO for this digital health and SaaS company in 2015 to
- Stabilize operations,
- Ready the organization for scale-up, and
- Prepare exit with venture capital (VC) investment.
- Full P&L responsibility; Set priorities; Financial leadership & supervision; Develop staff competencies and retain valued staff
- New business development, strategic customer acquisition while stabilizing and growing existing customer relations
- Turned pilot programs into product offerings: Expanded product portfolio into new medical indications and risk-sharing
- Scale up processes, technology, and operations to meet aggressive growth targets
- Set priorities; Lead staff; Financial leadership & supervision; Continuous quality control & improvement.
- Venture Capital firm attracted as majority shareholder
- 3-fold increase in client contracts closed
- Prepared international expansion
- Projected revenue 2015 up 250+%
- Coached program clients up 1,500+% (projected)
- Staff increased 40% to meet new demands and opportunities
- 2015 MSD Health Award
- Senetics Innovation-Award 2015 as “Most Innovative Product Idea” in Healthcare.